Home | Si Half Grids for FIB
Products | Silicon Half Grids for Focused Ion Beam
Dune Sciences’ Silicon Half Grids for FIB sample preparation offer a dramatic improvement in the preparation of in-situ FIB specimen for TEM, tomography, and atom probe from virtually any material. Silicon provides an ultra-clean, metal-free substrate that readily bonds with Pt and can easily be modified to match your sample geometry. Created using the same state-of-the-art microfabrication methods as our functionalized SMART TEM Grids, Dune’s FIB grids are robust, easy to handle, and simple to use.
Silicon Half Grids are currently available in three configurations to provide the ultimate flexibility for reproducible, quality samples and resulting high-resolution imaging. Our Standard configuration has a single mounting flat with a beveled mounting surface that matches closely to the bottom cut of lamella.
|Single mounting finger with
beveled mounting surface.
|Four mounting fingers with
sharp/shapeable mounting tips.
Features and benefits
- Standard 3 mm geometry with 100 um thickness fits in any TEM and FIB preparation sample holder.
- B-doped conductive silicon minimizes charging during sample preparation and TEM imaging.
- Rigid substrate will not bend to improve handling, especially for multi-step processing/imaging.
- Metal-free silicon grids eliminate heavy elements from EDS spectra.
- Substrate "O" mark on one side eas
- paddily identifies grid orientation.
- Available with continuous beveled mounting surface or “fingered”, including our new shapeable Si tips that allow you to match the grid to your sample.
- Ideal for broad range of applications including semiconductors, cryoFIB preparation, and for fixed/embedded soft materials.
Products | Wafer Coupon holders for SEM and FIB
Frustrated by the tedium of old style sample holders, tapes, colloidal graphite, and awkward metal clips, BOT research, a Dune Sciences partner, identified sample mounting as a major bottleneck. This was the birth of BOT research and the development of their sample holder.
The patent pending sample holders from BOT research improve throughput, they're reliable and they're easy to use. The philosophy for everything designed for BOT research is to improve function in the most simple way possible.
Please contact us for for additional assistance in selecting the correct grids for your applications.
Continuous beveled mounting surface.
Silicon half grids for in-situ FIB liftout. 55 degree beveled mounting flat for easy attachment.
Single mounting finger with beveled mounting surface.
Silicon half grids with single mounting finger for in-situ FIB liftout. Beveled mounting flat for easy attachment.
Four mounting fingers with sharp/shapeable mounting tips.
Silicon half grids with 4 shapeable mounting fingers for in-situ FIB liftout. Ultrasharp tips.